Yesterday we started our journey back towards home. I was really excited to be back in los Estados Unidos (especially because our WOLFPACK is doing so well). We drove out from Puebla to Mexico City. It was a long way, but I had the opportunity to look out the window and think about my week.
Mexico is a very interesting and breathtaking place. I want to improve my Spanish and I am glad that I had a chance to practice. Puebla and Mexico City seem like two different worlds in a lot of ways.
Our corner of Puebla reminded me of a travel brochure. There, I saw an old world meshing beautifully with a new world. A volcano smoking peacefully behind Angelopolis (a mall) would seem strange anywhere else. In Puebla, it was appropriate. Puebla is growing and changing, as is Mexico.
I have learned so much on this trip not only about Mexico, but about humanity and nations in general. Being able to relate to other countries and people is important to creating a better global network. In doing business in Mexico, it is important to reach out to the culture and the people. I think that reaching out to practices in other cultures is important to building relationships.
Travel does something amazing to you. It does more than tire you out and make you go through customs. It opens your eyes to how small you are. That isn't a depressing concept to me, it just shows that as humans, we all need each other in order to make a better world.
With that said, I hope that I can go back, and that I can go other places as well. I want to thank everyone that went on the trip. I don't think that it would have been as enjoyable if we did not have such a diverse group and such great leaders.
It is time for me to go back to reality: my accounting homework
No comments:
Post a Comment